Florence Duomo, Uffizi and Accademia Galleries Full Day Guided Tour
Enjoy visits to a multitude of amazing sites across Florence in this full-day trip of the city. Florence is home to some of the best pieces of art from the Italian Renaissance. There is much to explore on this amazing tour that covers beautiful historical attractions like the Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery, Duomo and many of the city’s splendid outdoor attractions.
- Get a chance to visit all of the best sites in Florence in a single day.
- Savour immortal paintings and sculptures by the pioneers of the Italian Renaissance.
- See the symbol of Florence, the stunning Duomo from outside, with Brunelleschi’s dome and frescos by Vasari.
- The flawless English commentary of the local guide is sure to keep you enthralled by the beauty of Florence throughout the trip.
- Save money and hassle of booking individual tours with this combo tour.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
Florence was the epicentre of the Italian Renaissance. The Black Death and the crises of the Church fostered a new era of philosophical and moral thinking. Many values that were prevalent in Medieval Europe were torn down by the dawn of a humanist culture that was inspired by the works of Boccaccio and Petrarch.
The Accademia, founded by Pietro Leopoldo in 1784, is one of the elite art museums in Florence. Michelangelo’s famous sculpture, David, is one of the main exhibits in the gallery. Many invaluable works of art from the 14th to the 18th century are displayed here. The Uffizi Gallery is the other highlight of this tour. It attracts a massive portion of the tourists who visit the country and remains one of the most important museums in the region. The gallery recently underwent a massive renovation project. It can now accommodate double the original volume of visitors.
Il Duomo di Firenze is another magnificent aspect of Florence. The dome was completed in 1436 by Filippo Brunelleschi. There is much to see and do in the city of Florence, and this tour does its best to give you the most comprehensive experience you can have in a single day.
Your tour will begin at the Accademia Gallery. With your skip-the-line access that comes bundled with your ticket, you will get an opportunity to marvel at all the amazing masterpieces inside the gallery almost instantly after you reach the place. Your guide will help you understand the essence of artworks like Michelangelo’s David.
Once you have finished exploring the Accademia Gallery, you will head to the legendary Florence Cathedral. Brunelleschi’s red dome is a breathtaking sight that is visible from almost anywhere in Florence.
Take the opportunity to see the Duomo Square, where the magnificent Florence Cathedral is, known locally as Il Duomo, for the stunning dome that crowns it. This incredible feat of engineering required a whole new process for its construction, which your guide will describe as you view it from the outside. The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently if you wish, as the guide will provide you with a full explanation of its internal and external features.
The Ponte Vecchio Bridge, leather market, and Piazza Signoria are next on the itinerary. These are all iconic locations that will keep you thirsting to see more of the city. After a short break for lunch, your guide will take you to the Uffizi Gallery. While it might seem impossible to see all the amazing works of art in a few hours, the guide will take you through a planned route that will cover many of the gallery’s most important exhibits. The masterpieces of Titian, Vasari, and Leonardo da Vinci are all housed in this museum. This tour will leave you with a deep admiration for Florence and all the great artists who contributed to its development.
- Skip the line entry to Accademia and Uffizi Galleries
- Visit Florence Cathedral (The Duomo) from the outside
- Professional storytelling tour guide (English)
- Headsets will be provided so that you can hear your guide
- Small groups of 19 people (14 people for Uffizi Galleries) or less
Know Before You Go
- The Accademia and Uffizi Gallery are some of the most popular tourist destinations and sometimes delays can occur due to increased security measures or unexpectedly large crowds during holidays and festivities. As always, your guide will make sure any delays are minimized and that you get access as quickly as possible.
Tour Duration: Guided tours of Florence and Uffizi Gallery last 3 hours and 1.5 hours respectively, with a break in between. No transfer is provided.
The trip is available at - 8:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM.
These are separate tours and start at different locations based on the time slot. However, the itinerary for all 3 tours remains the same.
Wheelchair access is available.
Super-Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
The ticket is only valid for the scheduled date and time.
On Sundays and religious festivites, Duomo will not be opened for visitors. Please note that Duomo is closed in the late afternoon, although a detailed description will be given from the outside.